5 Things I Love About Autumn
I love autumn. Hands down it is my favorite season. If you have caught up on my latest blog posts you'll know that we took a trip in October and I was blown away by how beautiful life can be in autumn. It made me fall in love with this season all over again.
I thought I'd share some reasons why I absolutely adore autumn.
1. Cozy clothes. Collin will tell you that I am obsessed with sweaters, jackets, and all things snuggly. I was actually showing him a sweater just last night online that I wanted to buy and his reaction is always the same. "Sweetie, we live in Texas. How many sweaters do you really need?" To this I answer, a couple more wouldn't hurt, right?
2. Baking. I love baking and cooking and have become obsessed with autumnal recipes. I love baking up a delicious batch of something wonderful and sitting down with a steaming mug of tea and a good book. I've made many batches of pumpkin bread (recipe: here), a delicious blackberry and toffee crumble (recipe: here), and a warming batch of chicken and wild rice soup (recipe: here). I just can't get enough of warm, earthy, and spice-laden dishes this time of year.
3. Scarves. Now I could have lumped this with the 'cozy clothes' point but they deserve a number of their own. Scarves are my weakness this time of year. But alas, Texas doesn't always allow me to love scarves as much as I'd like to. I try to buy light and heavy scarves depending on how Texas' weather is feeling that day. I have a basket full in my closet and get excited picking out the one to wear each day.
4. Shopping. I am a sucker for Christmas shopping. I love buying presents for my friends and family. My credit card gets a bit of a workout during this time. Of course I have the most fun buying for Collin. I have an ongoing list of things I want to get him so come Christmas-time I have no problem piling up his presents under the tree.
5. Holidays. This is a given. I love holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. I love drinking wassail and sitting by the fire. I love acting like I'm living in a 'Leave it to Beaver' episode. The holidays make me feel so giddy.
What do you love most about the colder time of the year?